Faith at Home
Oakdale Kids Ministry is not merely interested in getting more kids to church on Sunday - we're more interested in seeing the love of Christ get into THEM! We are here to help you make disciples at home, perhaps the greatest mission field parents face. We hope you'll allow us to come on this journey with you. Check out this helpful article on being genuine parents!
There are three key areas where we can help nurture our kids' faith:
We believe prayer is where our hearts' desires change so that we become more like Christ. The place of prayer is also where we surrender ourselves to God's heart to see a generation of children come alive in God, our church thrive in a spirit of unity and our community become disciple-makers.
Join us for Extraordinary Prayer with worship by Richard Lee on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Normally we meet in Brigham Hall but for now we are praying together online via Zoom.
Kids are welcome to join! There is no better place to raise kids than in the place where they see mom and dad hanging out with God.
(Discover) the Word
1. Each person shares something s/he is thankful for
2. Pick a Story from the Bible (the gospel of Mark is a great place to start!)
3. Have two people re-tell or act out the story
4. Ask: "What does this story tell us about what God is like?"
5. Ask: "What does this story tell us about people?"
6. Who can you share this story with?
- some suggestions: Draw a picture of the story and send it snail mail! Write a letter telling a friend what you learned about God from the story. Facetime with Grandma or Grandpa and tell them about what you learned from the story.
Weekly Bible Reading Challenge Sheets
Kids' Service Recordings
Weekly Parents Newsletter