We are a community of men who are following Jesus and seeking to come alongside other men for mutual support, encouragement, and discipleship. We are men tackling ordinary and extraordinary issues that men face everyday with the help of Jesus and one another.
We believe every man can attain greatness and be known by the six words that God used to define King David’s life – a man after God’s own heart. But we also know it won’t be easy and, in the end, will require a fight.
Fighting is woven into the DNA of men, but we want to make sure we are fighting for the right things. As Scripture encourages, we want to be able to say with the Apostle Paul, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:7)
why it matters
We want to be men who contend for what matters most. However, most of us realize that we aren’t going to fulfill our God-designed destiny alone. That’s why we are inviting every man to ManUp.
Why is men's ministry important?
- Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words and deeds.
- Spiritual maturity is signified in spiritual reproduction, as the faith of mature disciples passes on in others.
- Men growing in Christ become effective spiritual leaders in their homes and congregations, working as partners with their spouses and congregational leaders-both lay and clergy.
- Spiritually growing men help congregations to become vital and alive.
- Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, lifestyle evangelism, and faithful obedience. Men are foundational to the life and health of the church.
- When a man lives daily in surrendered faith, God is honored, and many lives are blessed. Transformed hearts are forged only within Christ-centered lives-nothing less is our acceptable offering; nothing less truly reveals Christ.
What does it mean to manup?
MANUP is not just a men’s ministry, it’s an attitude. It’s a call to arms. Put on your armour from God, follow Jesus, and fight for your life, your family, your community, and the world. You are not alone.
How to get involved?
MANUP 33 Online – a once a month gathering, friendship, and open conversation about the real issues men are facing. We use the 33 Series study from Authentic Manhood to guide our talks and discussions. The 33 Series is intended to give men a vision for manhood as modeled by Jesus in his 33 years on earth. Topics include a man's design, story, traps, parenting, marriage, and career.
When: Every 3rd Wednesday, 7:00 p.m.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/647169866?pwd=elBnWVlDeWMzSVZzYnQzMFpKa25FQT09
Meeting ID: 647 169 866
ROOTED – basic discipleship experience that introduces men to Jesus and the daily rhythms and habits of following him, including how to recognize and share your story. No matter where you are in your journey as a disciple, we believe you will grow here.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY – a place where guys struggling with hurts, habits, and hang-ups can find healing and hope.
When: Thursdays, 7:00 p.m., Brigham Hall
FIGHT CLUB – small groups of 3-5 men where friendship, encouragement, and fun are met with regular accountability and disciple-making to win the battle for the things that matter most. The fight is for our fight club brothers, our families, our community, and our own souls.
Men Small Groups - small groups of 6 -12 men who are practicing discipleship (and disciple-making) in the context of authentic community. These groups are led by various men on different days of the week and use various bible study methods, books, study guides, and other resources.
United Methodist Men (UMM) - A group of men focused on fellowship and service in our congregation and community. To find out more contact: Peter Martineau, .
What issues do you address?
We are real men, tackling real issues, and we are in this together, spurring one another on in the power of the Spirit as we fight for:
- Our family (and future family)
- Our brother
- Our community
- And our own soul
Scripture teaches that we have a spiritual Enemy who is warring against us in each of these areas, and we are confident that staying close to Jesus and a band of Christian brothers is the best way to ManUp and fight these battles.
(Adapted from Passion City Church Fight Club's Mission passioncitychurch.com/fightclub/)
To learn more or sign-up, contact Pastor David, or call 301-774-2030 ext 312.