Our desire is to connect people with volunteer service opportunities in the church and community based on their spiritual gifts, passions, life experiences and personality. The list below are some of the ways we have been serving. With Oakdale’s mission of taking the gospel into all of life and the commitment of sending out 1,200 disciple makers by year end 2022. With this commitment there has been a refining push to become a disciple multiplying movement. So there are many ways in which we are reaching out into the community individually with prayer walks, discipleship training and service.
Oakdale's Local Mission teams give you on the ground experiences to connect, grow, obey, and live as Christ-centered disciple-makers. Whether you’re looking for an opportunity to volunteer, donate or adopt a school, we have an outreach experience waiting for you.
Oakdale’s Angel tree provides gifts to struggling families in our community for many years. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this year’s Angel tree will be conducted differently with an online sign-up form to provide Christmas gifts to local members of our community. It's a perfect opportunity to donate a gift to someone who would not receive a gift without your help. We will be helping needy families from Olney Help and from So What Else in Rockville. Gift requests will be received from the children and we will give grocery store gift cards to the adults in the families. During this pandemic more families than ever need your help this Christmas. With this ministry Oakdale reaches into our community sharing the love of Jesus Christ.
- Men - On the first Wednesday of each month, volunteers from Oakdale prepare and serve dinner for 100-200 men who reside in the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless shelter on East Gude Drive in Rockville. We meet in the church kitchen at 3 p.m. to prepare the meal. At 5:30 p.m., we travel to the shelter and serve the men a delicious home-cooked meal. The men always enjoy the meal and they are very appreciative of our efforts. Several times a year, Oakdale also prepares bagged lunches for the men. Email Nancy Brinch or call 609-760-6578 Learn more.
- Women - On the fourth Tuesday of each month, Oakdale volunteers prepare and serve dinner to 35 homeless women who reside in the Interfaith Works women’s shelter near East Gude Drive in Rockville. We provide an entrée, vegetable side dish, starch side dish, and dessert. Volunteers prepare the food in their home kitchens and bring it to the shelter at 6:00 p.m. To volunteer sign up or email Esther Wang or call 301-775-1633. Learn more.
- Fisher House - Fisher House is a facility that provides a home-like setting for families of patients being treated at the Walter Reed Military Medical Center in Bethesda. On the first Monday of each month, Oakdale volunteers provide dinner for 10-12 people. They prepare the meals in their home kitchens and deliver them to Fisher House in Forest Glenn. Contact Steve Brinch at 301-830-3816. Learn more.
- Shepherd's Table - Learn more.
CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE
Our Access Groups typically meet on our church campus but our other groups meet in homes, restaurants, and coffee shops all across the greater Olney area. We will help you find a group near you based on your interest. Learn more
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
Not all groups offer childcare, but there are options available. We never want childcare to be a roadblock to your spiritual growth so make sure to let us know if you would like to join a group with childcare. Some groups will have participants share responsibility in watching the children, split the cost for a sitter, or make other arrangements. Learn more.
HOUSE OF HOPE- MARYLAND
There is no fee to join a group - just the cost of whatever study the group is reading. We never want finances to be a roadblock for someone's spiritual growth so we offer scholarships for anyone that is in need. All of this is worked out through your small group leader and is kept confidential. Learn more.
LINKAGES TO LEARNING
Our Access Groups typically meet on our church campus but our other groups meet in homes, restaurants, and coffee shops all across the greater Olney area. We will help you find a group near you based on your interest. Learn more.
Our Access Groups typically meet on our church campus but our other groups meet in homes, restaurants, and coffee shops all across the greater Olney area. We will help you find a group near you based on your interest.
- Harmony Hills Elementary - These groups are short term and have a specific subject focus. Their goal is to give people a taste of what group life is all about and to hopefully move those people towards a Small Group or a Learn more.
- Cornerstone School - These groups are long term and study driven. Here is where you continue to grow in your knowledge of God's Word with goal of moving people towards a Thrive Group or for the entire group to transform into a Thrive Group. Learn more.