Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We are excited you are considering Oakdale Church in your wedding plans. We believe marriage and sexual integrity are gifts from God. In keeping with Biblical principles through the ages and throughout the Church universal, we believe marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a single and exclusive union. We believe God intends faithfulness in marriage and celibacy in singleness (Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:29-31)
Who can be married at Oakdale Church:
- Any couple seeking a Christian marriage (modeled after Biblical principles).
- Remarriages: Due to the traumatic nature of divorce, we strongly recommend that your divorce be final for at least one year prior to meeting with the Pastor so that adequate healing can take place.
Requirements for marriages at Oakdale Church:
The requirements listed below are applicable to every wedding performed at Oakdale (unless performed by an outside pastor who has been pre-approved by Oakdale’s Sr. Pastor). It is our desire that these requirements will work toward providing a solid Biblical foundation for a lifelong and joyous marriage.
- Pre-marital counseling sessions with the pastor. The sessions should be completed at least two months prior to the wedding date. This preparatory counseling is required for both first marriages and remarriages.
- Completion of a couple inventory, which will be used in the counseling sessions.
- Regular worship together at Oakdale church, or at your home church.
After looking over the requirements listed here, if you are interested in having your wedding at Oakdale, please email Michelle Baker with your preferred dates and availability. Wedding dates must be scheduled at least six months in advance.
We are so excited to serve you during the process of marriage and wedding planning. We offer many resources to help you plan and execute your rehearsal and wedding.
Holidays and Weddings
Weddings and rehearsals may not be scheduled on Easter, Memorial, Independence, Labor, and Thanksgiving weekends, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the day and week following Christmas, New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.
Deposits and Fees
See Wedding Policies and Procedures.
SCHEDULING A WEDDING
- Complete the Wedding Reservation Request Form to indicate the day you want to have your wedding. You cannot schedule a wedding for more than one year ahead of time and no less than six months from your desired date. Our wedding coordinator will contact you to confirm availability. Confirmation does not guarantee the date for your wedding. The date will only be held when we receive the facilities request form with a $100 refundable deposit with the balance is due 14 days prior to the wedding.
- Once we confirm your desired date, sign the Wedding Policy & Procedures and return to the scheduler. You will receive an email confirming receipt and booked your date. Then the wedding coordinator will set up a meeting to discuss the church's policies
If you want a pastor from Oakdale Church to officiate your wedding,
- Complete and submit the Wedding Information Sheet. You will then be contacted to schedule an initial meeting with the Pastor.
- All couples must complete an approved premarital counseling course before marriage.
- Prior to your wedding, our coordinator will meet with you to discuss details, including ceremony specifics, decorations, and production needs.